Tuesday, April 6, 2010

getting my hands on japanese yen

after a month or so of monitoring the exchange rate between singapore dollar and the japanese yen, i finally managed to buy 1000 japanese yen for sgd14.85 @ the arcade yesterday. (in other words, sgd1=67.34 japanese yen)

march was interesting for the fact that for the first half of the month, the exchange rate stubbornly stays at 1000 japanese yen for sgd15.554 (sgd1=64.3 japanese yen), and even appreciated for a while. however as the end of the month approached, it started weakening slowly but steadily, right up to the rate mentioned in the first paragraph=). now as this post is being written, yen seems to be appreciating once more.

well, the exchange rate yesterday has allowed me to pocket a difference of at least 10k yen. now that the finances are more or less settled, i am now in holiday mood. die, no mood to work for the next few days.

surprisingly, my boss unhesitatingly passed me an almost 2000 yen worth of coins. it was so unexpected, though i embrace the idea of having 2000 yen worth of loose change, which can then subsidize part of my transportation expenses. also, recent string of events culminated in me being able to get some extra cash. finally my financial load seems to be lighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment